Thursday, November 8, 2018

Let's Highlight Collars!


I don't know about you but I was over the year of the sleeve a year ago! To me, nothing is more interesting on a garment than the collar. Burda 6990 has long been a favorite of mine and yet this is the first time I've made View E that has the giant funnel collar. Originally, when I received this great  knit from Roz at Sew Much Fabric,  the Khaki Green Animal Print Rayon Jersey, I had in mind making a dress. However, after living with it a few days it announced that it wanted to be this top. (Yes, my fabric speaks to me!)



The collar of this top is just a big, long funnel. To give it some drape I lined it with Sew Much Fabric's Tricot lining:


To prevent the lining from showing I pulled it up about a half inch prior to attaching it to the neckline.



I also lined the body of my shirt and love the feel of the Tricot: The lining in the collar really makes a nice drape:




I made the top tunic length and know I'll really enjoy wearing it as the weather cools down.




Thanks for stopping by an until next time, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment