Sunday, April 23, 2017

Wardrobe Basic: The Glam Spring Trench


 
While most parts of the country are still enjoying some chilly spring weather, here in Houston it’s warming up so my outing to the Art with Heart Gala last night may have been my last opportunity this season to wear the fabulous spring coat I made. This glam trench is another in the series of Wardrobe Basics by Roz at Sew Much Fabric.
 
  
We selected a beautiful mid-weight metallic gold stretch linen with accents of a cream and gold brocade. The pattern is from the 02/2017 Burda Style magazine, #103. The suggested coat in the magazine is unlined but I drafted a lining for mine using a lovely rayon lining also from SMF.
 


I especially like the attached belt and pleat detail. It has lovely shaping through the waist and I really love the back.
 

I looked and looked for just the right buttons and they were under my nose the whole time! I made covered buttons using the brocade. And not only are they the perfect accent they were a cinch to make.
 

I had never drafted a coat lining before so I’m sorta proud of the this one. I even kicked it up a notch and added piping!
 

I know I will get a lot of wear out of this great basic with its neutral-with-a-kick color palette and timeless design. All fabrics still available at Sew Much Fabric so hurry over!

5 comments:

  1. Love this! It's a wonderful spring coat and the great thing is that it will be perfect for fall when it arrives too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carolyn! Yes, I think it will be a good transition piece.

      Delete
  2. You are so chic in this coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Usefull For me.


    Also here Men's Jackets for Sale Buy | Leather & spring jacket men & women's.


    Are you looking for best spring & leather jacket men's in Italy? Buy fashion jacket 2017 Dreams-Store sale men's & women's jackets With affordable price.


    Visit Now - https://www.dreams-store.it/

    ReplyDelete