Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Chain, Chain, Chain...



Okay, I'm no Aretha Franklin but I am rockin' this Two Chain Viscose Rayon Knit from Sew Much Fabric. I knew this classic print called for a wrap dress but I just didn't want to fiddle with a traditional wrap, then I remembered McCall's 6163, a mock wrap that I'd made years ago and loved.




I lined the dress with Tricot, also from Roz, and it really made a nice finish for the front crossover pieces rather than just a foldover as the pattern called for:


I also love the lining at the neckline for a professional finish:


And after fell stitching by hand:


All of these finishes plus no a hassle "wrap" and the cute gathered on cuff sleeves make for an on-trend knit wrap worthy of praise from DVF herself! All fabrics available at Roz at Sew Much Fabric!



Thanks for stopping by and until next time, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment