Thursday, April 19, 2018

Channeling Vogue 9296


I fell in love with this dress when it premiered earlier this year in the spring Vogue pattern collection. Well, it's really the fabric I was in love with, the dress was secondary and I wasn't that crazy about it, but somehow it called out for a this huge floral. My first impression of the dress was that the cold shoulder was a bit trendy but when Roz at Sew Much Fabric told me she had ordered the very fabric that McCall's used for their model, I knew I had to have it. It's a rayon poplin with a great weight and the perfect drape a flowy dress like this would require. Knowing the fabric was on the way, the pattern started growing on me and then it was a must have. Now I can't imagine having made anything else with this fabulous floral. And here's the Vogue for comparison:



It was a very simple make. The pattern has cup sizes which, for me, is always a plus. The only modification I made was to decrease the front slit in the bodice which I shortened 2". It's a sleek fit and looks as nice in the back as the front:


The sleeves are fun. It's been a long time since I've worn a full sleeve gathered with a cuff.



By the way, this fabric washes and dries like a dream! There were so many fun colors in this fabric I decided to use the grass green for all of my topstitching rather than predicable black:


Lukewarm turned to love for my new dress and think I'll have fun wearing it this summer!

Thanks for stopping by and happy sewing!

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous & you look so amazing. Between you & Roz I can go broke keeping up with the ideas & fabric I love the green topstitching & think it adds the final beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment. I know, I blame it on Roz, too!

      Delete
  2. Knocked it out of the park!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational as always. Thank you. You know some of these Vogue patterns I'd overlook but you've made the mundane sexy. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ruth! Honestly, I think it is the fabric that makes the pattern great most of the time, not the other way around.

      Delete