Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Molten Lava Tank Dress


My original thought for this yummy rayon knit called Lava from Sew Much Fabric was to make a top to go with the linen suit from my last blog post. However, it was nudging me in the direction of a dress instead because it wanted to be shown off. (Yes, I really do think my fabrics speak to me!) I chose the tank dress view of OOP McCall's 6355 that I've made SO many times and it's a pattern I dearly love because it's so versatile.
The colors in this fabric are all beautiful and it does look molten:


I lined my dress with beige performance knit and it worked great. I found a really helpful tutorial on how to machine finish the shoulder seams of a lined, sleeveless dress. I will definitely use this technique again. I was going to use my in progress photos using the technique on this dress but it's so narrow at the shoulders that the photos were more confusing than helpful.
This little tank will get lots of wear this summer. It was the perfect simple pattern to highlight this smokin' fabric!


Thanks for stopping by and until next time, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment