Monday, August 20, 2018

McCalls 7085: Not for the Faint of Dart!


I love trying a new pattern that I can immediately add to my TNT lineup. M7085 classic sheath is just such a pattern. Although it is drafted for a woven fabric I used this gorgeous Nanette Lepore viscose knit from Roz at Sew Much Fabric. The colors, Chartreuse, Fuchsia, Bone and Orange are just so vibrant and vivid:


I lined the dress with Tricot knit, also from Sew Much Fabric and if you've never used this lining you absolutely must give it a try!


The beauty of the pattern is the shaping from 12 darts- 4 in front plus 2 bust darts, 4 in the back and 2 at the back shoulder. I'm not that wild about making darts but I sure do love the fit they give:


I went down a size since I was using a knit and also took in an additional bit at the waist for a great fit front:


and back!


Roz still has this fabric in stock and it is the perfect weight for transitioning into fall. I have no doubt this dress is going to be an huge favorite and I can't wait to wear it!

Thanks for stopping in and until next time Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment