Thursday, February 8, 2018

Yellow is the New Red for Valentine's!





It's been so dreary this week and I'm SO ready for spring! Sew Much Fabric is, too, with these sunny and fun fabrics. Yellow is trending this year and has always been one of my favorite colors. This golden amber rayon jersey knit is especially rich and saturated and looks fabulous with the abstract print stretch cotton twill from Italy in white, honey, amber and black.
 
To me, the abstract print of the twill  was reminiscent of an animal print so I instinctively reached for another animal print because I like to mix them. My friend Julie Starr had just gifted me with a load of bias tapes in 3 different animal prints from Farmhouse Fabrics and one of them was the perfect scale and color for my skirt. I already knew I wanted to use Burda 02/2017 #117 because I love the detail at the yoke and pockets. One would usually go with black for the trim and buttons I but I felt like that was too predictable so I went with the cheetah.





 
The top is Burda 02/2013 #126. It's basically a raglan tee but with the soft gathering at the shoulders it has much more interest and femininity.
 
 

The skirt is fully lined with satin binding at the hem. I love making skirts-probably because they are so easy to fit!




I love my new skirt and top and until it warms up I'll enjoy wearing them with two of my other Sew Much Fabric jackets!


 
Thanks for reading, happy sewing and see you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good girl - love the combos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan. I'm a sucker for anything resembling an animal print!

      Delete